Saturday, October 2, 2010

Flavours of Fall


I'm the type of person that loves cinnamon, apples, pears, nutmeg, and other similar flavours that I tend to associate with Autumn. I love to see the leaves turn colours and cuddle up with a good book and a warm drink. Treats like chai tea lattes and ginger snaps are right up my alley.

I went out for dinner last night and chose the salmon entree. I was very impressed with the flavour combination and unique sides that the restaurant used. Like my previous post, the meal was low in veggies, but the sides were sundried tomato quinoa, and squash - two sides you don't often see. The flavours of fall were all over my plate and there was a sweetness that was perfect for my sweet tooth. I just loved that it was something different and it felt like a perfect meal for the cool Autumn evening.

Steph Wheler
www.nutrishus.com