Tuesday, March 8, 2011

International Women's Day 2011


As a woman and a business owner, I am especially happy to celebrate International Women's Day (IWD). You can find out more (events happening around the world, what people are saying, what IWD is...) on the IWD website.

This year is the 100th anniversary of IWD and the United Nations theme is: Equal access to education, training and science and technology: Pathway to decent work for women.
As a sole proprietor in a science based industry I really feel that this is an important issue. We may not see it as clearly in our great country, Canada, but it is true that women still fight for equality. Through my memberships in the Saskatoon Women's Network and Women Entrepreneurs of Saskatchewan I have had the opportunity to meet many successful women in my own city and province. It is very encouraging to someone like me who is still new to the business world.

Steph Wheler
www.nutrishus.com