Thursday, April 7, 2011

Curried Lentils


I felt like trying something new last night - so based on what was in the house I looked for a recipe for curried lentils. I used one from cooks.com:
CURRIED LENTILS


Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,162,140178-252193,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 cup lentils
3 cups broth or water
2 large onions, finely chopped, divided
salt to taste
1 tablespoon oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon curry powder
Combine ingredients, simmer 40 minutes
I did simmer for longer - until the lentils softened up. I added it to a skillet with lightly sauteed bell peppers and simmered to remove more of the liquid, then served it over rice. It was a decent meal, but didn't have as much flavour as I had hoped for - so I will continue to look for new curried lentil recipes.

Steph Wheler
www.nutrishus.com