Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Fun in the Sun!

It's Q's Day again!  The weather has been beautiful lately which I find puts people in a better mood and gets them thinking about their holiday plans.  I know I am looking forward to some R&R at the lake this summer to recharge my batteries.  Our city is great in the summer.  More people get outdoors and enjoy the riverbank, Meewasin trails, and various festivals.

Tourism Saskatoon has a great list of festivals that you can enjoy all year round.  I know I'll wander around during the Jazz Festival, check out Taste of Saskatchewan (how can a foodie avoid checking it out), and one of my favourites is the Fireworks Festival at the end of August.  Chances are that I'll check out the Fringe, Folkfest, and the BBQ Festival at the Farmer's Market too.

I also love to get out of the city and go camping in the summer; there are just so many things to do and enjoy.  It's great to get outdoors for a beach volleyball game, tennis match, round of disc golf, or a nice walk in the evening.

So today, I want to know:

What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

Nutrition is only one part of health.  It's also important to be active and stress-free in your life, so get out there and do what you enjoy!

Steph Langdon (Wheler), RD
something nutrishus counselling & coaching
www.nutrishus.com