Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Less is More and it's already March!

Almost 4 months into motherhood - which for my blog means that I have all sorts of ideas, some of which I managed to jot down (and hope to return to) and others that have been lost to me, and of course, few that have been posted. I don't regret where I am spending my time these days, although it has definitely been an adjustment and I'm still getting used to how much I am needed by our wee-one. I do think it fits well with mindfulness, moderation, and minimalism that I've been trying to focus on. I am very aware of spending time with my daughter and being there for her - as my husband says, "it's an investment". I am also now more able to find time for he and I as well as a bit of time for me (see here I am, typing away - I'm calling that moderation!).

I have less time to do the things I used to do, so it has been great that I was able to (and continue to work on) remove some clutter and unused items from our home. I managed to donate some things, shred or recycle a few others and even sell a few.

It is March, which means that it's nutrition month, so I have been eager to post something for you. I'm sharing Dietitians of Canada's tweet-a-day on @LeadPilates and @fueledbySKmilk if you're on twitter. You can also check out some resources on the 'Eating 9 to 5' theme on the nutrition month website. I think it's a great theme and covers basics like breakfast, snacks, lunch, supper, and temptations or on-the-go choices we may face. Since I have less time, I am very aware of making big batches these days. My daughter seems alright with grocery shopping, so we're still able to get what we need, but I now do things like prep veggies at 8pm after she's asleep. I try to have quick things ready during the day for the moments that I can grab a quick bite or reheat something. Suppers have been alright as my hubby also enjoys cooking and will take over for me or have some quality daddy time so that I can get creative in the kitchen.

I haven't been as active on here or sharing articles on my facebook page, but I do still post on instagram quite often if you're on there. I hope you're all doing well, enjoying some nicer weather, and perhaps partaking in nutrition month activities or learning something new to help get you healthily through your work day!

Cheers,
Steph