Saturday, October 10, 2015

Day 10: See The World

We went on a lot of road trips and camping trips when I was young. We often went north or west. I went on my first plane ride in grade 10, to Yakima, Washington for a club volleyball tournament. My daughter flew with me to Edmonton when she was 4 months old, she also came to Quebec City at 7 months old (times have changed!).


Sport opened the world up for me. Most of the places I have been to were with volleyball, and more recently with my husband. I traveled with my club team, provincial team, university team, junior national team, FISU team, senior national team, and professional team. I feel very fortunate for the experiences and the fact that my coaches often let us do a teeny bit of site seeing to get out of the gym.

I love to travel and we  always said we would continue to travel with our family. Obviously destinations and activities may change, but we're still trying to make it a priority. Travel costs money and takes time. Since I'm my own boss, I have a flexible schedule. We also have a dog, so we have to consider him when we make travel plans and determine if he's coming or staying with family (we're lucky that's an option for us). 


I have been all over Saskatchewan, Canada, North & Central America, parts of Europe and Southeast Asia. I hope to see as much of the world as I can. It's a great way for me to relax, forget my to-do lists (because I can't do them), try new food, experience different cultures, and spend quality time with loved ones. We even made the decision to have a destination wedding in Jamaica because we wanted travel to be part of how we started our married life.


I am grateful for: all the places I have been

I look forward to all the places I have yet to see (I have a list started of course!).

What are your favourite destinations?
Steph Langdon, RD