Saturday, October 17, 2015

Day 17: A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words

I love photos, although I'm still very much an amateur photographer. We have decent equipment, which I can use, if it's all set up for me! Again, it's something on my 'to-do' list, learn to use the camera.

These days I mostly take pictures of food (for work and social media) or of my daughter. She is changing so much and there are times that I just want to capture. I do also try to just be in the moment with her and enjoy her.


I used to love scrapbooking, I still do enjoy it, but have started to make photo books instead. They fit nicely into my minimalist lifestyle because they don't require me to store a lot of supplies and they are thin, so they take up less room. I still cherish the scrapbooks I created and have a few to complete (that 'to-do' list of mine!). However, I have documented a few of our big trips with mixbook and have been pleased with the results.


Scrapbooking or working on photo books is something I can get lost in. I could spend hours on it, but it is definitely something that will always just be a hobby, because I wouldn't enjoy doing it as much for others, I wouldn't know the story behind the images.

I am grateful for: Time to create and be creative

I am currently working on a book for my daughter's first year. It's been hard to narrow down the pictures and I'm curious if we'll continue to take lots of photos of her as she ages. With digital images it is easy to keep them all, develop a few, and get creative with a few others. However, I do have too many pictures on my computer, so that will need to be tackled as part of my minimalist goals. I think finding time to be creative, whatever that is for you, is important. It's a good balance and likely good for your health since it is stress free and a chance from the everyday.

What's your creative outlet?
Steph Langdon, RD
www.nutrishus.com