Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 25: Sharing is Caring

Sundays are now 'watch Daddy play basketball' days. They will also be my long run days for a few more weeks (cross your fingers for good weather!). So, I could be thankful once again for the ability to be active and healthy. However, these are also things that we share/do with others.

My husband plays basketball with a few friends and I cheer/visit from the stands with other wives, moms, and kids. It's a nice little family outing.

As I've mentioned previously, I am also training for a half marathon distance with one of my friends. I think it's great that we're able to spend time with our friends and be active at the same time. It's also setting a great example for our daughter and shows that we have similar values to our friends.


We are lucky to have close friends that we can spend time with and share interests with. I am a tougher nut to crack and do enjoy my 'alone' time (as well as being more of a home-body), but I know that we care deeply for the people in our life, whether we get to see them or even talk to them often. Having a young child has changed our social life, but we have been able to get out or entertain a few times over the last year.


It's just great to have people to share our experiences, our joys, our excitement, and now our growing little girl with. Having relationships and a social circle is definitely part of being healthy and happy. It's great when you find people that are authentic and love you just the way you are. A book (audio book) that I enjoy is Shawn Achor's Happiness Advantage - he often talks about how happiness precedes (rather than follows) success, but also mentions the importance of social connections.

I am grateful for: friendships 

True friends are a unique and special thing,
I hope you were able to see or talk with some this weekend!

Steph Langdon, RD